Perth Revisited
On the plane heading back to Sydney after 5 days in Perth – my second visit to Perth in the past few weeks. While I was last in Perth my Mum asked me if I wanted to come back as a surprise for my Dad’s birthday party on the 16th. Originally I was just going to come for the weekend, but when I got back to Sydney I spoke to my boss and managed to get a few days off work and since I’m not working on Wednesdays at the moment that meant I could spend 5 days in Perth – much more civilised. Perth is a 5 hour flight from Sydney, so it’s a bit too far just for the weekend.
The 5 days has gone by very quickly – too quickly – and I can’t believe I’m already back on the plane. At the moment the plane is about an hour out of Perth – three more hours to go. Due to the strong winds it’s an hour quicker flying from Perth to Sydney than in the opposite direction – as they say in the US – go figure!
My Dad was very surprised to see me on Sunday – especially considering I was only in Perth a few weeks ago. He tried to tell everyone at the party that he suspected something, but I don’t believe him. It was great to see everyone again and although I did spend one night at my Mum and Dad’s place I spent most of this visit up in Perth. My Mum and Dad live an hour from Perth now and I didn’t really feel like driving up and down all the time.
Since Sunday it’s been really hazy in Perth because of big bushfires up in the hills east of Perth. This morning the city was shrouded in haze and even at the beach – went to Cottesloe beach for a swim before meeting a friend – there was a smell of smoke in the air. Everything was bathed in this really strange orange hue. Very eerie. Reminds me of when I was on holiday in Sydney a few years ago (before I moved there) when there were big bushfires there. This summer Sydney has been spared big bushfires thankfully.
Back to work tomorrow morning and although I don’t really feel like going back to work I can console myself with the fact that I only have 2 days before the weekend. All this travelling is making it really difficult to get into a routine. No trips planned for the next few months at this point although that could always change.
The 5 days has gone by very quickly – too quickly – and I can’t believe I’m already back on the plane. At the moment the plane is about an hour out of Perth – three more hours to go. Due to the strong winds it’s an hour quicker flying from Perth to Sydney than in the opposite direction – as they say in the US – go figure!
My Dad was very surprised to see me on Sunday – especially considering I was only in Perth a few weeks ago. He tried to tell everyone at the party that he suspected something, but I don’t believe him. It was great to see everyone again and although I did spend one night at my Mum and Dad’s place I spent most of this visit up in Perth. My Mum and Dad live an hour from Perth now and I didn’t really feel like driving up and down all the time.
Since Sunday it’s been really hazy in Perth because of big bushfires up in the hills east of Perth. This morning the city was shrouded in haze and even at the beach – went to Cottesloe beach for a swim before meeting a friend – there was a smell of smoke in the air. Everything was bathed in this really strange orange hue. Very eerie. Reminds me of when I was on holiday in Sydney a few years ago (before I moved there) when there were big bushfires there. This summer Sydney has been spared big bushfires thankfully.
Back to work tomorrow morning and although I don’t really feel like going back to work I can console myself with the fact that I only have 2 days before the weekend. All this travelling is making it really difficult to get into a routine. No trips planned for the next few months at this point although that could always change.

<< Home