Sunday, November 20, 2005

Capital Weekend

Am currently sitting on the train heading back to Sydney from Canberra and since I brought my computer with me I thought I’d write something to post when I get home later this evening. The train is currently running behind schedule – nothing new unfortunately – so I’m not sure exactly what time I’ll actually get into Sydney. Hopefully not too late!

Had a great weekend with Kirsten, Jon and Sofie. Sofie was very excited about me coming and really enjoyed having me around to play with. She’s so cute and is a real talker. We didn’t actually do much as such over the weekend, but that was fine with me. Last night after Sofie had gone to bed we watched Jésus de Montréal, a wonderful Canadian film that I remember seeing with Kirsten many moons ago when we were at university. Although it’s slightly dated (mainly due to the late 80s fashion) it’s still a great film.

Yesterday for lunch we had some Sri Lankan Tamil food. In the next suburb the Canberra Sri Lankan Tamil community are building a Hindu temple and once or twice a month they sell food to raise money for the construction work. We had dosai, vadai and even pol (coconut) sambol, which I love. When I was staying with Dhanushka and his family Dhanushka kept telling everyone how much I loved pol sambol. I keep meaning to make it, but haven’t got round to it even though I don’t think it’s that difficult to make.

I think it’s time to switch my computer off and have something to eat. There’s food available on the train, but it’s not that great, so I made some sandwiches to bring with me. Very organised!!!