Saturday, November 05, 2005

More Tunnel Trouble

I know - everyone's seen pictures of the Opera House, but I like this classic shot (which I took from Circular Quay station waiting for the train home) and I particularly like the late afternoon light.

Am having a quiet night at home - watching a documentary about WW II with one of my housemates, Bob. Am thinking about going up to King St for gelato, but am not sure if I can actually be bothered going out again.

Tunnel trouble continues in Sydney. This time construction work on the Lane Cove tunnel on the North Shore resulted in a huge hole opening up underneath an apartment block and causing one corner of the building to collapse - seen live on TV. Some people have suggested that it's a ploy by the tunnel consortium to force people to use the tunnel - one minute you're driving along, the next minute a hole opens up and you're in the tunnel! The political fallout for the state government from the Cross City Tunnel grows by the day, with allegations of corruption.

Federally John Howard and the government continues to try and push it's industrial relations and anti-terrorism legislation through the parliament. On Wenesday to deflect attention from the divisive IR legislation John Howard chose to announce that there was intelligence suggesting that Australia could be the target of a terrorist attack. What's the point? What are we supposed to do with that kind of information? John Howard is a very astute politician, but any fool can see through what he's trying to do with this.

Anyway - time for 'The Iron Chef'. Wonder what tonight's secret ingredient will be - kyo no tema wa kore desu!!! Gotta love 'The Iron Chef'.