Weird Weather

At 11am yesterday morning it was 32 degrees. By 5pm the temperature had dropped to 15 and it was wet and windy. What is going on with the weather!!! Such dramatic changes in temperature might be normal for Melbourne, but not for the harbour city.
Obviuously this photo was not taken in the past 24 hours. I took it last Friday when I did the walk from Spit Bridge to Manly with some of my students. Part of the walk is through Sydney Harbour National Park and this is the view of Grotto Point and Middle Harbour from Dobroyd Head. As you can see it was a beautiful day.
This afternoon after work I went to visit Anina and Mia as I'm off to Canberra for the weekend and Anina had some goods to take down with me. Am taking my job as a baby clothes courier very seriously! I'm catching the bus down to Canberra on Friday afternoon and coming back by train on Sunday. Kirsten was actually in Sydney last weekend, but she was flat out with work and didn't have time to catch up.
I can recommend a new flavour to those of you who are lucky enough to live in the vicinity of Gelatomassi. The blood orange is amazing and in combination with the Belgian chocolate - superb. Last night I took advantage of $8.50 Tuesdays and went to see Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and of course since it was on the way had to stop in at Gelatomassi to say hello to the lovely Kinga. The film was hilarious. It's had good reviews, which I think are well deserved. Great acting and excellent plot, which completely takes the piss out of Hollywood and LA.
On Saturday evening I went to see Veer-Zaara with Judith and Ben - perhaps not the best choice considering Judith's situation at the moment, but I wasn't to know. It had all the Bollywood elements - great music, beautiful costumes, fantastic dance sequences and of course ... thwarted love! Sometimes I'm amazed that I can actually sit through a three hour plus films, but they just draw me in. There are more films on at the festival, but the problem is they're so long and Fox Studios is so inconvenient for me to get to by public transport that it's not really feasible to go when I have to be up at 6 the next morning. Shame really.

<< Home