Sad Weekend
A very sad weekend. Yesterday it hit me that I’m actually leaving the house I’ve lived in for the past 2 years. All of my housemates moved out this weekend, leaving just me. I could have moved this weekend as well, but the lease is until the 14th, so I thought I’d stay here for one more week. It’s going to be a little odd being here by myself – especially as there’s no fridge and the only furniture in the house is in my room – but I wanted to have a little more time to sort through all my things.I’m moving to Bellevue Hill. I went to see Anna on Tuesday (or maybe Wednesday – the days are all a blur at the moment) and said I would take the room. I didn’t want to spend ages looking for somewhere – after all it’s only for 6 weeks. Anina, Mario and Mia live on the same street, so I’ll be able to catch up with them more often and now that the warm weather has returned after the cold spell living in the Eastern Suburbs will mean I’ll be able to go to the beach more often.
I no longer have internet access at home as the phone line was disconnected on Friday. I was going to transfer my service, but when I called up to find out how to go about relocating the service I discovered that I’d have to sign up to a new 6-month contract, which of course I can’t do. So, am reduced to having to use the internet at work. Very sad, I know!
This afternoon I was going to go to the beach, but after lunch at Maya in Surry Hills I changed my mind and came home. I’m not in the mood for going to the beach today – particularly as I have a busy day ahead of me tomorrow – research essays due.
Yesterday I had a surprise phone call from a Nepali friend, Gopal. I didn’t recognise his voice at all, which is not that surprising given that the last time I heard his voice would have been 4 years ago. He now works in Dubai and said that he just wanted to say hello. I’ve been thinking a lot about Nepal recently. It’s still one of my favourite places and I’d love to go back when the political situation improves. The other day in class the writing activity in the book was about Nepal and seeing pictures of Bodhnath, Swayambhunath and all of the wonderful places that I know so well made me feel very nostalgic.

<< Home