Friday, May 26, 2006

Whey aye man!!!

Greetings from the North-East! Am visiting my Grandma (pictured) and since my Aunt and Uncle, who my Grandma lives with, have a computer I thought I'd quickly write a little something.

Had quite a journey yesterday and at one point thought I'd miss my train. The traffic heading into London was terrible, then I had hassles trying to get the pre-paid card you need now to use the Underground and buses in London (you can pay cash, but it's much more expensive) and then on my way to King's Cross station the bus in front of the bus I was on broke down and I ended up having to walk! The train journey was fine though. Was on time and I had no problems getting to my Aunt's house from Newcastle station. It's always a little strange coming back to the North-East because although many things are familiar - having visited many times - it's never really been my home. Great to see people again though and my Grandma was very happy to see me this morning.

Am hoping to do some sightseeing while I'm here, but will probably spend most of the time with my family. Hopefully the weather will get better at some point!