Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Birthdays

Visiting my Grandma again. It's sunny outside, but the wind is bitter. The forecast is for a balmy 13 degrees, but I'm sure it's much colder with the wind chill. Definitely more like mid-winter than spring!!
On Sunday I went for a drive with my aunt and uncle to Bamburgh on the Northumbria coast. I'd forgotten how beautiful it is up here in the North East - wild, but beautiful. In Bamburgh we visited the castle (pictured) and went for a walk along the coast. It was a long weekend, so there were lots of people and despite (in my opinion) the cold weather there were lots of people on the beach.
On Friday I'm going to Durham with another aunt. Durham is a beautiful city and I always try to get there whenever I'm up here.
It's my birthday today - 35 - and my aunt's birthday tomorrow, so Happy Birthday to us!