Drivin'
Am just about to head out to the airport. Today I went for a drive around the city, visiting some of my favourite spots and having a latte in North Beach at one of the only places in San Francisco that knows how to make good coffee . It's great having a car, but there are two things about San Francisco that make driving a real pain. One is the ridiculous 4-way stop signs and the other is a lack of parking. Sometimes it takes 10-15 minutes of driving around to find somewhere to park. Am definitely getting very good at driving on the opposite side of the road though and negotiating the steep hills!Yesterday I went across the Golden Gate Bridge to Marin County. It was very overcast right on the coast (still can't get used to the weird weather here), so it was a little gloomy, but I still had a great day. My last stop was the Marin Headlands from where there are breathtaking views of the Golden Gate Bridge and the city.
Am a little sad to say goodbye to San Francisco, but I'm sure I'll be back at some point. Happy Halloween!

<< Home