Sunday, October 29, 2006

Yosemite

Have just arrived back from Yosemite and am completely exhausted. I had a wonderful 3 days, but it was a long drive back this evening - especially after a 5-hour hike this morning. I really wish I'd had more time as there so many other hikes I would have liked to have done, but unfortunately I'm leaving on Tuesday evening. Will just have to come back!

Yosemite is an amazing place - so many breathtaking views. Yesterday I drove across the park to some high altitude meadows and did a 5-hour hike to Cathedral Lakes. Cathedral Peak itself (pictured) is 3335m high, so I must have been fairly high and at one point the road was 9000 feet above sea level, which is approximately 3000m. Yosemite Valley was fairly busy as it's easily accesible, but there was hardly anyone up at Cathedral Lakes - felt like a real wilderness experience.

Tomorrow I'm heading across the Golden Gate Bridge to check out Marin County - making the most of having transport!