Friday, November 03, 2006

Coping with the Cold

I can't believe how cold it is here in Belgium now. I know it was unusually warm when I left, but I definitely wasn't expecting it to be this cold. Am glad that I'll be heading to warmer climes soon.

Arrived back a little later than expected on Wednesday as the flight from London to Bruxelles was delayed by 2 hours - very frustrating given that it was only a 45-min flight! Luckily I didn't have to wait long for my bag or for a train. I did manage to get a little bit of sleep on the flight from San Francisco to London, but I find it very hard to sleep for long on aeroplanes, so I was pretty exhuasted by the time I got to Liege.

Philip's friend Victoria, who'd been here for a few days from the UK, was heading home yesterday, so we all ended up going to Bruxelles for lunch and to see her off. I head back to the UK next Tuesday and then fly back to Sri Lanka (where a certain someone is waiting for me) next Friday evening. This morning I discovered that the British Council in Sri Lanka is looking for teachers - am thinking of applying.

Am planning on going to Brugge tomorrow, but the thought of getting up early when it's cold and dark is not exactly something I'm looking forward to. Brrrrr....