Sunday, December 31, 2006

Endings and Beginnings

Last day of 2006. Unfortunately I've been quite sick since Christmas - not the best way to end what has otherwise been a great year. On Wednesday I woke up in the middle of the night feeling awful so I decided to see a doctor as it wasn't the usual flu symptoms. After what seemed like hours flicking through crap magazines full of articles about vacuous 'stars' who I personally don't give a shit about and doing giant crosswords I eventually got to see a doctor. A virus was the prognosis and since by Thursday I was feeling much better I thought the worst was over. Last night though I felt even worse, so early this morning I dragged myself to emergency at the - luckily - nearby hospital. The doctors there also think I have a virus, but to be on the safe side did some blood tests as well, so hopefully by Tuesday I'll know what's wrong. Obviously I don't want to be sick right now, but there's not much I can do about that. Am just hoping that it's nothing more serious than a virus.
So all my plans of going for early morning swims at Maroubra haven't exactly come to fruition. Didn't end up working either - there was no way I could have gone in on Wednesday - so I've pretty much been at home. Just me and Sasha!!! I'm feeling ok at the moment - just tired. Hopefully 2007 will be good to me!!!