Stuff Up
Was supposed to be on the bus to Canberra right now - on my way to see Judith in Cooma - but when I turned up at 1 o'clock I discovered that my name wasn't on the passenger list and it was only then that I realised that when I booked the tickets I'd got Sydney and Canberra the wrong way round! The bus was fully booked as well, so I'm now going to be sitting in a spare seat next to the driver on the 3 o'clock service. I'm usually so careful about things like this, but obviously I wasn't really paying attention. When I called Judith (who was luckily still at home) she just laughed.
Apart from stuffing up bookings life is treating me very well. On Wednesday morning the school I used to work for called me up and asked me to fill in for someone who'd called in sick, so I've had 2 days of work this week. I also have 3 days next week. I don't really have to work as such, but the extra money is very welcome.
Haven't heard anything else from the British Council, but am not too worried. I had to send some documents so they could sort out my visa, so I'm guessing that it's a matter of waiting until the authorities in Colombo give the go ahead. Hopefully it won't take too long to sort everything out.
Apart from stuffing up bookings life is treating me very well. On Wednesday morning the school I used to work for called me up and asked me to fill in for someone who'd called in sick, so I've had 2 days of work this week. I also have 3 days next week. I don't really have to work as such, but the extra money is very welcome.
Haven't heard anything else from the British Council, but am not too worried. I had to send some documents so they could sort out my visa, so I'm guessing that it's a matter of waiting until the authorities in Colombo give the go ahead. Hopefully it won't take too long to sort everything out.

<< Home