Thursday, June 14, 2007

Applications

No dramas to report since I last wrote (apart from having to send my camera to Colombo to be repaired) and life here in Kandy is pretty much back to normal. The weather hasn't been so great - which means I haven't been able to make it to the pool recently. It's been raining all night and is looking pretty miserable out there at the moment. The river is looking very swollen, which means there's been a lot of rain upstream. In fact as I write this the rain seems to have got heavier. Am not looking forward to going into work!

Dhanushka is still asleep in bed and as I don't have class until 3, so there's no rush this morning. This week I've been quite busy finishing my application for the distance education programme I'm planning on starting in September. It's a 9-month course and as the British Council will pay half the fees I thought it was worth doing. If my application is successful I might be going to Sydney in September for a 2-week orientation course. There are orientation courses in other cities, but Sydney is my ideal choice as I'd be able to stay with friends and study in a familiar environment. Fingers crossed.

Just over 2 weeks before we head to Europe. It's very exciting and as I mentioned in my previous post I'm really looking forward to the break.

Suppose I should think about getting ready and see what Dhanushka is up to. Am a bit hungry as well - although I don't think I'll be going anywhere if it's still raining like this when I get into work - will get soaked just walking down the street.