Thursday, July 19, 2007

Down on the Farm

Back in Belgium. Dhanushka and I are planning on going to Maastricht in the Netherlands today (only 30 minutes from Liege on the train) but unless Dhanushka gets up soon we'll never get anywhere!

Yesterday we spent the afternoon on a farm helping to milk goats and sheep. Philip and Denis belong to an organic food co-operative and on Tuesday evening, when we went to pick up their weekly delivery, we were all invited to visit the farm where the co-operative sources the cheese and milk. All the dust got to me towards the end and I couldn't stop sneezing, but it was fun seeing how the animals are milked - hard work though! The guy who runs the farm has to milk the animals twice a day

The journey from London to Liege was uneventful and Philip was at the station to meet us when we got here, as promised. Dhanushka realised very quickly that travelling under the Channel is not very exciting - in fact he probably would have missed it completely if I hadn't woken him up!

It looks like I'm not going to be going to Sydney in September as an orientation course is not going to be run there due to lack of numbers. Am hoping to do the orientation course in London now, but it depends on whether or not I have anywhere to stay. Will see.