Sunday, September 23, 2007

Birthday Greetings

Today is my Grandma's 90th birthday (and Lisa's 29th!!!). Would have been great if I could stayed on in the UK to celebrate with her and my family, but what to do?

Managed to survive my first week back at work and am looking forward to a few days off. Unfortunately, Tuesday morning I'll probably have to go into work to do some IETLTS marking and tomorrow morning I have to go to court. I have to be there at 9.30 but have no idea what time the case will come up - I just hope I'm not there all day as I can think of much better things I could be doing with my time.

Dhanushka told me that 2 of the guys accused contacted him yesterday to see if I would be willing to forgive them, but it's a bit late now as far as I'm concerned. I don't really believe they're sorry - they're just frightened now that they have to go to court. I don't want anything bad to them, but they need to realise that stealing things is wrong.

My big news is that Dhanushka and I have decided to go to Australia for Christmas and New Year. We were thinking about going in April, but I discovered while I was in the UK that my Mum and Dad are planning on going to South America in April and won't be in Perth. Fares online were quite pricey, but on Friday I asked at one of the travel agents in town and managed to get a very reasonable fare - flying into Perth and out of Sydney. Hopefully Dhanushka won't have any problems getting a visa. I love planning trips and am really looking forward to seeing everyone again!!!

Am feeling very tired this evening - am hoping to have an early night. Can't wait until this next week is over.