The Case of the Missing Parking Light
It's been another one of those days. When I got back to my car (which was parked in the British Council car park) this afternoon I discovered that someone had stolen the front left-hand parking light - pulled it completely out of the casing and done away with it! It's a very strange thing to steal and I can't work out how someone could have stolen it given that there are always people coming and going in the car park. Anyway because it's theft the insurance company said I needed a police report, so yet again I had the joy of spending some of my precious time at the main Kandy police station. Everyone was very kind, but man things take ages to get done. Took me ages just to find the right department! Not exactly how I was planning to spend my afternoon.I didn't end up being at the court too long yesterday, but in many ways it was a complete waste of my time as it turned out it was just a committal hearing and after about an hour hanging around at the back of the court all that happened was that the magistrate set the trial for February 18. Two of the accused tried to speak to me before the case, but I told them that if they wanted to speak to me they should speak to my lawyer. As far as I'm concerned it's too late now to try to make amends. I'm happy to forgive them, but think they should face trial.
On a more positive note, yesterday evening Dhanushka and I went out for dinner to celebrate my Grandma's birthday. When we were in the UK in July she gave us some money to go out for dinner, so we decided to go to the hotel where we always go swimming for the dinner buffet. The food was pretty good - especially the desserts. Dhanushka over-indulged though - surprise, surprise - and felt a little unwell this morning!
Can't believe my weekend is over already. I had all these plans to start working on my next assignment, but have got nothing done. Don't want to get behind - lucky I have some time off from next Monday.

<< Home