Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A Feast

Have just got back from an very pleasant afternoon feasting with some friends. Had a great afternoon - despite the torrential rain - but am a bit depressed now as when checking my inbox I discovered an e-mail from my course tutor telling me that I'll probably have to choose a different resource to focus on for this assignement as I've already focused on listening in a previous assignment. I've been showing Finding Nemo to my elementary class each week and thought I'd plan a lesson around that - no idea what I'm going to do now.

It's been another busy week and I didn't have much of a weekend as I had IELTS this weekend as was at work yesterday morning and briefly this morning. It's depressing being at work so much, but doing IELTS pays for the DELTA, so I can't really complain.

Yesterday afternoon I managed to fit in a swim before the rain started. The weather has been really unsettled and very wet, which is not normal for this time of year. Dhanushka's Mum called yesterday - she still calls most days - and she said it had even been raining where they are, which is not good as the rice needs to be harvested soon. Driving home this evening the rain had eased off a little, but it was still very wet out.

When I got home I discovered that the dog had managed to destroy what little was left in the old servant's room where she sleeps. I've removed most of the stuff that was in there, but she obviously get's bored on her own all day and decided to pull down some stuff that was on top of a small cupboard - including a mirror, which was on pieces all over the floor. I hope that doesn't mean I'm about to have 7 years of bad luck!!! So basically the dog is in my bad books at the moment. I really need to work out what I'm going to do with her.

I spoke to Dhanushka last week. I wasn't feeling so great last Wednesday and he must have heard on the grapevine - i.e. from his Mum - that I wasn't well and called to see how I was. He's doing Ok - said he's boarding with a family just outside of Kandy. I do miss him at times, but things couldn't have continued the way they were going.

As often seems to be the case of late, I'm feeling very sleepy. The problem is if I go to bed too early, I end up waking up early. Just can't win.