Saturday, March 01, 2008

Washing Machine Woes

Today I was supposed to sit down and re-look at an assignment I have to submit, but because of problems with the washing machine it's now evening and I haven't done anything.

On Monday I discovered that the washing machine wasn't working again, so after speaking to the owner's father I ended up having to take it in to get repaired again. Apparently a nasty rat had decided to make the washing machine its home and had chewed through all the wires! It was ready to be picked up yesterday, but because I usually give two friends from work a lift home on Fridays I decided to wait until today and pick it up on the way to the pool. When I got back I decided to wash some sheets and towels only to discover that the whatever it is that regulates the water level wasn't working again, so I had to lug the stupid washing machine back into the car and take it back to the repair shop. The guy at the shop thinks he can have it ready by Monday - if not I'll have to ask some friends if I can borrow their machine. Ended up hand washing the sheets and towels this afternoon, which is not much fun!

Had my assessed lesson on Wednesday and although I was exhausted as I'd been up since 4.30 that morning, the lesson was Ok. I'm not so confident about the background assignment I had to write though. I haven't been able to concentrate lately - not surprisingly - and have found it really difficult to focus. Thankfully the workload this month is a bit lighter, although I still have lots to do.

I should probably do some study, but I'm too tired. The weather has been unseasonally wet recently, but it was hot and sunny today, so this afternoon I took the dog out for a walk. It's not really possible to take her too far as there are too many territorial dogs about, but she likes to go out and it gets me out of the house. There's a beautiful tree, covered in yellow blossom on Riverdale Rd, just round the corner from the lane that comes up to the house. Will be very sad to leave this house.