Monday, March 24, 2008

Bye Bye Bansi

So now it's just me and the four fish!

I spoke to Dhanushka on Saturday and he came this morning to take Bansi. It was really sad saying goodbye to her - after all she's been my constant companion since Dhanushka left. I miss her trying to lick my toes all the time and her crazy antics when she realised that I was going to take her out for a walk. I hope she's Ok. Dhanushka has got her with him at the moment, but is planning on getting a job somewhere in the Middle East, so will give her to a friend eventually. Hard to believe that so much has changed in my life in just 9 weeks.


Last night I made the decision to go to Japan in July and have already booked flights. I was going to spend the July break here in Sri Lanka, but I think I deserve a proper holiday and it'll be great to see my friends again. Although I'm not sure if I could live in Japan again, I do miss many things about it. Takako was very excited when she got my e-mail letting her know that I'd made the decison to come - Ian's Japan Tour 2008 - Go!

The sunset was amazing this evening - the colour of the sky and the rainbow over the hills. An appropriate ending to what has been an emotional day.