Doggie Days
How much is that doggie in the window? The one with the waggely tail.Yes, it's official - I've lost it completely! Ha ha ha. Have just been taking some pictures of the dog (Bansi? Bouncy? am not quite sure which - although Bouncy does suit her) and thought I'd post an update of the lastest goings on in the sweet sounding town that is Kandy.
Am actually supposed to be working on an assignment, but surprise, surprise I'm not feeling particularly inspired or motivated. I've come to realise that although I enjoy learning and reading, I'm not really cut out for serious study and am much happier just doing my own thing. Since Dhanushka left I've rediscovered my love of cooking. My cooking can't compare with the amazing dishes he always managed to prepare, but I'm not doing too badly. Tonight it's a choice between jackfruit and pumpkin curry - although I'm tending towards jackfruit as I have carrot sambol left over from lunch and feel that if I make a pumpkin curry there'll be too much orange!
I'm doing Ok - surviving! I miss Dhanushka a lot, but given his behaviour over the past few months I think it's better if we're not together. I spoke to him briefly the other evening as his Mum had been calling and asking where he was. He's not in a good way, which is very sad, but I can't be responsible for his actions. I just hope he'll be Ok.
The dog is doing very well and as always is in her usual spot when I'm on the computer - right next to the chair! I've been taking her out for walks. I was worried about taking her out because of all the street dogs, but I take a stick with me and so far haven't had any problems. She has a great time sniffing everything and early morning is a beautiful time to be out and about.
This morning I had to go into work to mark some written papers, so on the way home I stopped by the pool for a swim. The hotel has been quite full lately and most afternoons the pool has been very busy. When I went this morning there was no-one else in the pool - it was like my own private pool - positively decadent!
On Saturday I couldn't get the car to start - seemingly a problem with the headlight switch had drained the battery. Luckily my neighbours were at home and after an unsuccessful attempt at trying to get the car to start by pushing it down the road, my neighbour kindly took me to a nearby workshop and we brought a mechanic back here to jump start the car and make sure there wasn't a problem with the battery.
I was actually on my way to see the lawyer on Saturday when I had the problems with the car as I had to go to court yesterday. In the end one of the accused didn't show so the trial has been postponed until March 17. I can see this dragging on for a long time!!!
I'd better think about making dinner. The dog is probably hungry as well. I've ended up buying biscuits for her because I can't bring myself to cook meat. The thought of it makes me want to puke! How did I end up being responsible for a dog - even if she is cute???

<< Home