Perahera Season
It's that time of the year again - the Perahera - and although there's a heavy security presence because of the escalating conflict in the north, I'll probably end up going with Kiya - either on Monday or Tuesday evening.Have been feeling quite emotional since the Perahera began on Friday because Dhanushka and I met on the final evening of the Perahera 3 years ago. I can't quite belive that this time last year I went to see Dhanushka riding on one of the elephants in the procession. So much has changed since then.
Kiya has gone to Galle for a couple of days, so it's just Maggie and I at the moment. It's been a busy couple of weeks actually as Kiya and I have been away both weekends - to Habarana, north of Kandy, and up into the Hill Country. We were very lucky last weekend actually because for about a week it pretty much didn't stop raining and when it's raining here in Kandy it usually means it's even worse in the Hill Country.
On the way back from the Hill Country we stopped off at Labookellie Tea Estate for tea and chocolate cake. The tea there is superb and I always feel that a trip to the Hill Country is not complete without stopping there.
Have a fairly busy week ahead of me as I'm examining on Monday and will probably have to go in on Tuesday as well. The British Council is closing for 3 days because of the Perahera, which means I have a mid-term break, but I'll be moving then, so will probably end up spending most of the time in Kandy. I already have the keys to the new place, so it's just a matter of sorting out all my stuff and getting it all there. Hopefully I'll have managed to get ADSL connected by the time I move in - won't know what to do with myself without Internet access at home!!!

<< Home