Filling In
Yes - am not myself today! Am filling in for my co-teacher, who's 'sick'. Great in terms of the extra money, but I'd actually rather not be here. I've become really lazy of late and am getting too used to this working 3 days a week game. Sorry to say, but work just doesn't do it for me really.
Had a pretty good weekend. On Saturday it seemed that spring had arrived early, so taking advantage of the beautiful weather I went for a walk by the harbour after stuffing myself full of Thai food for lunch. There's this really cool Thai place on King St in Newtown (Philip and Denis will remember it as we had lunch there one day) and they do lunch for $5.50 - a veritable bargain! Saturday night I just hung out at home and watched a very beautiful, if sad, Iranian film called 'The Colour of Paradise'.
Yesterday I decided that I felt like a masala dosa for lunch, so I made my way over to Surry Hills to the Maya. Got there a bit early though and for some reason the masala dosas weren't going to be ready for at least another half-an-hour, so I decided to head into the city and have lunch in Chinatown instead. After lunch I went out to Watson's Bay (for those of you who don't know Sydney Watson's Bay is this beautiful village-like suburb out at the end of South Head and has wonderful views of the city across the harbour and the ocean from the steep cliffs. Was going to catch the ferry back, but it started raining, so I ended up heading home early.
Qurban came over a little later to talk about his travel plans. He found a really cheap ticket at a travel agency out in Blacktown, so he's going there today to hopefully sort everything out. I cooked dinner for the both of us then watched the BBC's 'Pride and Prejudice' with one of my housemates, Bob. Colin Firth is Mr.Darcy and unfortunately whenever I see him in any other role I always think of him as Mr.Darcy.
Had a pretty good weekend. On Saturday it seemed that spring had arrived early, so taking advantage of the beautiful weather I went for a walk by the harbour after stuffing myself full of Thai food for lunch. There's this really cool Thai place on King St in Newtown (Philip and Denis will remember it as we had lunch there one day) and they do lunch for $5.50 - a veritable bargain! Saturday night I just hung out at home and watched a very beautiful, if sad, Iranian film called 'The Colour of Paradise'.
Yesterday I decided that I felt like a masala dosa for lunch, so I made my way over to Surry Hills to the Maya. Got there a bit early though and for some reason the masala dosas weren't going to be ready for at least another half-an-hour, so I decided to head into the city and have lunch in Chinatown instead. After lunch I went out to Watson's Bay (for those of you who don't know Sydney Watson's Bay is this beautiful village-like suburb out at the end of South Head and has wonderful views of the city across the harbour and the ocean from the steep cliffs. Was going to catch the ferry back, but it started raining, so I ended up heading home early.
Qurban came over a little later to talk about his travel plans. He found a really cheap ticket at a travel agency out in Blacktown, so he's going there today to hopefully sort everything out. I cooked dinner for the both of us then watched the BBC's 'Pride and Prejudice' with one of my housemates, Bob. Colin Firth is Mr.Darcy and unfortunately whenever I see him in any other role I always think of him as Mr.Darcy.
Thirty minutes until my class starts. Topic sentences this morning - oh the joy!!!

<< Home