Essay Madness
What a day. I feel like someone’s been messing with my mind, but that’s what happens when I spend all day at work marking essays. Some of them were fine, but there were some that were really difficult to read and one that was obviously plagiarised and I had to spend an hour on the computer trying to see if I could find evidence of plagiarism, which I did. The crazy thing is that at university no-one would even bother to check, so sometimes I wonder what the point is and why we don’t just pass students who plagiarise. It’s not really fair on the students who do their own work though.
Had a fairly quiet weekend. Had breakfast in Redfern with my friend Seamus Saturday morning then spend the rest of the day doing things at home. Finally saw the rest of ‘Motorcycle Diaries’ on Friday and I’d have to agree with Philip that it was over-rated. It wasn’t terrible and it was interesting in parts, but for a lot of the time I felt like it was trying to hard. I found it really difficult to connect with the characters as well and in the end although I could see that the journey had changed their lives I felt like I still didn’t really understand the characters and their motivations.
Yesterday after lunch I went for a long walk and by the time I got home I was completely exhausted. Ended up going to bed at 9pm as I was that tired. Could have quite happily stayed in bed for another hour this morning, but I had to be on that train at 7.10.
Tomorrow night – depending on how I feel I’m thinking about going to see a Bengali film called ‘Raincoat’. It’s had reviews and I’m interested in seeing some non-Bollywood Indian films. It’s at Fox Studios though, which can be a pain to get to on public transport. There are buses that run nearby, but it feels like a public transport black hole. At the moment I’m not working on Wednesday this week, so I can have a late night on Wednesday - how exciting!
Had a fairly quiet weekend. Had breakfast in Redfern with my friend Seamus Saturday morning then spend the rest of the day doing things at home. Finally saw the rest of ‘Motorcycle Diaries’ on Friday and I’d have to agree with Philip that it was over-rated. It wasn’t terrible and it was interesting in parts, but for a lot of the time I felt like it was trying to hard. I found it really difficult to connect with the characters as well and in the end although I could see that the journey had changed their lives I felt like I still didn’t really understand the characters and their motivations.
Yesterday after lunch I went for a long walk and by the time I got home I was completely exhausted. Ended up going to bed at 9pm as I was that tired. Could have quite happily stayed in bed for another hour this morning, but I had to be on that train at 7.10.
Tomorrow night – depending on how I feel I’m thinking about going to see a Bengali film called ‘Raincoat’. It’s had reviews and I’m interested in seeing some non-Bollywood Indian films. It’s at Fox Studios though, which can be a pain to get to on public transport. There are buses that run nearby, but it feels like a public transport black hole. At the moment I’m not working on Wednesday this week, so I can have a late night on Wednesday - how exciting!

<< Home