Sunday, May 22, 2005

Eurovision

Hello Stockholm... Yes, it's that time of the year again. Watched the preliminary finals on Friday evening and am waiting with bated breath for tonight's finals - Europop at it's cheesiest. If I really wanted to I could find out who won on the net, but that would spoil it.

I haven't been very well. Felt fine when I went to work on Thursday morning, but by midday I felt terrible and as soon as my class was over I came home. Stupidly I went in on Friday as well when I should have stayed at home. It's hard being a teacher, as I know how difficult it is for the school to find a replacement at short notice, and it's even worse being a casual teacher (even though I work full-time) as if I don't work I don't get paid.

Yesterday I picked up some liquid echinacea and I don't know if it's because of that, but I'm feeling much better this morning. My head still feels like it's full of cotton wool, but I don't feel as bad as I did yesterday. It was very surreal walking through Newtown yesterday. I was only out for an hour, but by the time I got home I felt like I'd been out all day. Hopefully I'll be well enough to go to work tomorrow and well enough to take my class on the study retreat on Wednesday. If I can't go I don't know who they'll get to replace me.