Thursday, May 12, 2005

Weekends Away

Yes, another weekend away - although this time not quite so far as I'm only heading down to Canberra to visit Kirsten, Jon and Sofie. I haven't been down to Canberra for quite a few months, so this visit is long overdue. Hopefully it won't be too cold.

Have a had a pretty good week - nothing to complain about. Tomorrow I have a professional development day at school, which means I've been spared a day of looking at research report drafts. I feel bad actually because my co-teacher - the lovely Kimberly - did all the hard work over the past two weeks and all I've had to do is spend one day with the class looking at their drafts.

Went to see a very interesting Israeli film called 'Walk on Water' with my friend Judith and her son Ben on Tuesday evening. We all really enjoyed it and I have to say the Israeli lead - Lior Ashkennazi - is very good looking. It's not often that Israeli films are shown here in Australia. It was quite funny actually because I finished work at 4 and because I had 2 hours before meeting Judith and Ben I decided to get on a ferry and go over to Cremorne on the othe side of the harbour. Unfortunately I must have mis-read the destination board because when the ferry started heading under the Harbour Bridge I knew that it wasn't going to Cremorne. Ended up in Balmain instead. Still - on a beautiful autumn afternoon being on any ferry on Sydney Harbour is enough.