Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Luca

First of all some good news. Firstly, yesterday my friend Suzanne gave birth to a baby boy, who she and her partner Tim have named Luca, so congratulations are in order. Secondly my friends Dan and Steve in San Francisco have bought a house - which of course is a great excuse for me to visit San Francisco again!

Life in Sydney is treating me well. Weather has been pretty shocking today, but I managed to avoid most of the heavier downpours. Work - despite crazy continuing craziness and problems caused by stupid decisions by management - is fine. Am managing to be out of the building by 3, so I can't really complain. Home life is fine too. Am quite happy upstairs in my room reading and checking out stuff on the internet.

Canberra was very mellow. Kirsten, Jon and little Sofie are all doing well - although both nights I was there Sofie woke up in the middle of the night screaming, so Kirsten and Jon have good reason to complain about lack of sleep. Didn't do anything in particular while I was down there - lots of walks, reading the newspaper - that kind of stuff. On Saturday night we watched the 3 hour 40 minute Bollywood epic 'Lagaan'. I've seen it before, but it's one of my favourites. Kirsten and Jon both liked it - despite the length - and it was a good way to spend a cold Canberra evening. Actually now that Suzanne has the bub to look after I'm going to have to look for another Bollywood partner. What to do...?

Yesterday I picked up a copy of the programme for this year's Sydney Film Festival, which is on for 2 weeks in June. I went for the first time last year and really enjoyed it, so am looking forward to this year's festival as well. Just need to decide what I want to see now.