Terrorist Attacks
Last night I was glued to the TV watching the BBC's live coverage from London. Not much was known about what exactly had happened, but it soon became fairly clear that it was a terrorist attack and like the terrorist attacks in the US and in Madrid I found it hard to drag myself away from the images on the TV. I have a number of friends in London and have sent e-mails to all of them to make sure they're ok. Lian got back to me straight away - thankyou Lian - and she's fine. She said she had no idea how she was going to get to work today as many of the Underground lines are still out of service. What I don't understand is how people can justify killing so many innocent people. At the Sydney Film Festival I saw a film which chronicled the lives of three of the hijackers involved in the September 11th attacks and the scene that shocked me the most was when they were at the various airports waiting for the flights - knowing that they were about to kill thousands of people including the other passengers on the flight. I just don't get it.
I'm feeling a lot better and am glad I took some time off work, even though I'm not sure if I'll have 5 days work next week. Whatever. My health is much more important and if my boss is going to mess me around I'll just have to look for another job. I'd be sad to say goodbye to my colleagues, but if I'm left with no other choice I'll have to look for another job - although I might have to wait until I get back from Sri Lanka.
I'm leaving for my holiday at the end of the month. Haven't really thought much about it actually, but I need to book a hotel for the first few nights as my flight arrives quite late and the last thing I want to be doing is looking for a place to stay. The airport is quite far from Colombo, but one of the beach resorts is close to the airport, so I think I'll stay at a place there for a few nights. I'm definitely not a beach person, but for a few days it'll be fine. While I'm in Sri Lanka one of the biggest festivals of the year, the Esala Perahera, will be taking place in Kandy up in the Hills. Don't know how difficult it'll be to get accommodation, but it would be definitely be interesting to be in Kandy at that time.
Yesterday I had lunch with Anina and Mia. Mia is still growing strong and is now onto solids. I had the pleasure of giving her lunch yesterday and Anina was very impressed - have learned well from Kirsten and Jon and all prepared for if I ever have children!!! It was great to get out of the house as I spent most of Wednesday at home apart from a brief foray up to King St to have my hair cut, pay the rent and have a coffee at Geltomassi. I don't mind being at home all day, but I find that my mind starts to go into overdrive, which is possibly why I haven't been sleeping that well.
Anyway - that's it from me for the moment. Hope life is treating everyone well.
I'm feeling a lot better and am glad I took some time off work, even though I'm not sure if I'll have 5 days work next week. Whatever. My health is much more important and if my boss is going to mess me around I'll just have to look for another job. I'd be sad to say goodbye to my colleagues, but if I'm left with no other choice I'll have to look for another job - although I might have to wait until I get back from Sri Lanka.
I'm leaving for my holiday at the end of the month. Haven't really thought much about it actually, but I need to book a hotel for the first few nights as my flight arrives quite late and the last thing I want to be doing is looking for a place to stay. The airport is quite far from Colombo, but one of the beach resorts is close to the airport, so I think I'll stay at a place there for a few nights. I'm definitely not a beach person, but for a few days it'll be fine. While I'm in Sri Lanka one of the biggest festivals of the year, the Esala Perahera, will be taking place in Kandy up in the Hills. Don't know how difficult it'll be to get accommodation, but it would be definitely be interesting to be in Kandy at that time.
Yesterday I had lunch with Anina and Mia. Mia is still growing strong and is now onto solids. I had the pleasure of giving her lunch yesterday and Anina was very impressed - have learned well from Kirsten and Jon and all prepared for if I ever have children!!! It was great to get out of the house as I spent most of Wednesday at home apart from a brief foray up to King St to have my hair cut, pay the rent and have a coffee at Geltomassi. I don't mind being at home all day, but I find that my mind starts to go into overdrive, which is possibly why I haven't been sleeping that well.
Anyway - that's it from me for the moment. Hope life is treating everyone well.

<< Home