Saturday, June 11, 2005

Sydney Film Festival

The Sydney Film Festival started yesterday and although I didn't go to the opening night from today I'm seeing 20 films over the next 2 weeks. Am going to see my first film this afternoon - a film by Greek director Theo Angelopoulos called 'Trilogy, the Weeping Meadow'. There are some very interesting films and I'm looking forward to an fun, if busy, 2 weeks. This coming week is going to be a killer at work as I have a whole pile of reseach essays to mark, a new class to teach and a film to see every evening!

Had my first night cat-sitting Sasha and Ziggy last night. I went out for dinner last night, so by the time I got to Cath's place in Randwick it was very late. Sasha and Ziggy were very happy to see me, but I have a feeling that that may have had something to do with the fact that they were hungry. I came back to my place this morning, but will stay at Cath's for the next two nights.

OK - time for lunch before heading into the city.