Monday, June 06, 2005

Cat-sitting

Looks like I might be cat-sitting this coming weekend. Catherine is going to Melbourne for the long weekend sent me an e-mail asking if I knew of anyone who likes cats and would like to house-sit for her. I love cats and I thought it might be nice to have a weekend 'away'. Cath lives in Randwick, which is not that far away' but still a change - even if it only is for the weekend - will be good.

Am gearing up for the Sydney Film Festival, which starts on Friday evening. Thought about going to the opening night, but the tickets are expensive, so am making do with going to see my first film on Saturday - a Greek film called 'The Weeping Meadow'. As next Monday is a public holiday here - the Queen's Birthday (gag!) - it's going to be quite a busy weekend. Moreno is arriving back in Sydney on Monday as well. He's supposed to be calling me back so I can book a flight for him.

What else did I get up to? Went and saw 'A Home at the End of the World', which I enjoyed. Also caught up with Anina, Mario and the not so little, little Mia. They're all doing well and it was great to finally catch up with Mario, who for some reason I haven't seen since Mia was born. Saturday I went for a very long walk - Taronga Zoo to Spit Bridge via Bradley's Head, Clifton Gardens, Middle Head and Balmoral. The weather was perfect - one of those perfect winter days - so I wanted to make the most of it. Saturday evening I had dinner at Maya with Judith and Ben then stopped off at Gelatomassi on the way home. I'd already had gelato earlier in the afternoon on the way home from my walk, but Judith twisted my arm. I can't wait to see the lovely Kinga's face when she sees Moreno. Rented a few DVD's last night - 'Somersault' and 'Elephant', both of which I've seen before, but felt like watching again.

That's all really...