Saturday, February 04, 2006

Feeling Pathetic

Am feeling pathetic today. Woke up this morning with aches in all my joints and although I'm feeling a little better this evening I'm still not feeling 100%. Am supposed to be going down to the south-west tomorrow with my Mum, Dad, Philip and Denis, so I hope I'm feeling a better by tomorrow morning. Denis is sick as well, so the three of us spent all day at home.
Am feeling very isolated down here in Mandurah. It's an hour by car from central Perth and as I discovered yesterday public transport is not really an option. Where my Mum and Dad live is very peaceful, but as I said too isolated. I've been up to Perth a few times over the last week, but the thought of speding two hours in the car is too much for me. Wednesday evening I went to see Brokeback Mountain again with Minette and ended up staying at my friend Eloise's place to avoid driving back down. It also meant I could pick Philip and Denis up at the airport as they were arriving the following day.
Brokeback Mountain was as good the second time as the first. Some of the scenes are so tragically heart-wrenching and Jake Gyllenhaal is so beautiful...