Capital Bound
Yet again am in Kandy, but this afternoon Dhanushka and I are heading to Colombo and then along the south coast before heading back to Dhanushka's village for Sri Lankan New Year, which is on April 13/14. I've never been to Colombo before (have passed through a few times) and am a bit nervous about being in the big city again. Dhanushka has no idea about Colombo, so despite this being his country I'll be the one playing the role of the guide.
Over the past week I've learned how to read and write Sinhala and am now making much more progress. Everyone in Dhanushka's village is very impressed and people are always asking me to read things. I'm still a bit slow and sometimes make mistakes, but that's fine and everyone has a good laugh.
This morning Dhanushka has class, so as always I went to the Dalada Maligawa. We're catching the train at 3 this afternoon, so I still have a few hours before I meet D. Enough time to go my favourite Tamil restaurant. Dhanushka doesn't like Tamil food, so I try to go when he's not around. When I leave Sri Lanka I'm going to really miss the food. Dhanushka's mother is a really good cook and I love everything she makes. Dhanushka is always complaining that because I'm here they don't have fish or chicken, although I've told him to tell his mother that I have no problems with he and his family eating meat.
Over the next week I should be able to have access to the internet more often, so I'll try updating my blog at least once. Hopefully I'll have some photos soon as well as I need to download my memory cards.
Over the past week I've learned how to read and write Sinhala and am now making much more progress. Everyone in Dhanushka's village is very impressed and people are always asking me to read things. I'm still a bit slow and sometimes make mistakes, but that's fine and everyone has a good laugh.
This morning Dhanushka has class, so as always I went to the Dalada Maligawa. We're catching the train at 3 this afternoon, so I still have a few hours before I meet D. Enough time to go my favourite Tamil restaurant. Dhanushka doesn't like Tamil food, so I try to go when he's not around. When I leave Sri Lanka I'm going to really miss the food. Dhanushka's mother is a really good cook and I love everything she makes. Dhanushka is always complaining that because I'm here they don't have fish or chicken, although I've told him to tell his mother that I have no problems with he and his family eating meat.
Over the next week I should be able to have access to the internet more often, so I'll try updating my blog at least once. Hopefully I'll have some photos soon as well as I need to download my memory cards.

<< Home