Back In Kandy
I can't believe that I'm back in Kandy. Dhanushka has class here today, so we caught a train up from Colombo yesterday afternoon and stayed here last night. Heading back to Dhanushka's village this afternoon though.
It feels very surreal to be back in Sri Lanka and particularly to be back here in Kandy where I spent so much time on my last visit. It's also where Dhanushka and I met. Dhanushka had never been to the airport before so a friend of his came with him. At first I didn't recognise Dhanushka - partly because I was a bit out of it from the flights and secondly because he was wearing traditional Sri Lankan dress, which I have to say looked great on him. I was a little worried that he wouldn't be at the airport for some reason, so was very relieved when I finally recognised him.
The flights were fine and I can highly recommend the Transit Hotel at KL airport should anyone ever find themselves having to stay there overnight. The room was very comfortable and for an airport hotel was very reasonable. The hotel is actually within the terminal building - seeing planes coming and going from the window was a little surreal!
This morning I bought myself a SIM card, so should anyone wish to contact me my number here is +94723637332 - texts are always welcome.
Also this morning I visited the Dalada Maligawa (The Temple of the Tooth) with Dhanushka's friend. It was a lot quieter without the bustle of the festival, but I wanted to make it my first stop.
Will try and update as often as possible - probably won't be able to post photos though as I can't download photos from my camera without my computer - damn those thieves!!!

<< Home