Two Weddings and a Departure
My last post before leaving Australia. Still can't believe that I'm off tomorrow and that Sunday morning I'll be back in Sri Lanka.This afternoon a family friend, Rochelle, is getting married up in the Swan Valley, so this morning I've been rushing around trying to do lots of last minute things as we're all staying up in the Swan Valley tonight and I won't be coming back here to Mandurah. I have to pick up Philip, Denis and Lian in a few hours and still haven't finished packing.
Yesterday I was up in Perth catching up with friends for the last time. Went to the Perth version of Maya for dinner last night with Eloise, Emily and Minette - we all decided that we felt like a dosa. Didn't get to back down to Mandurah until quite late and didn't sleep so well, so as well as having to sort lots of things out this morning I'm also feeling quite tired.
Philip and Denis have another wedding to go tomorrow, so it's all happening. My flight isn't until the afternoon, so I have tomorrow morning to relax. Am flying to Kuala Lumpur tomorrow and then on Sunday morning have my flight to Colombo. Originally the flight I was booked on was scheduled to arrive in KL early Sunday morning and I would have only had a couple of hours to wait for my flight to KL, but Malaysian cancelled that flight and now I have to stay overnight in KL. Luckily there's an inexpensive transit hotel inside the terminal, so I don't have to go through immigration or even worse make my way into KL, which I think is 50/60 km from the airport. It also means I'll arrive refreshed in Colombo after a good night's sleep.
Suppose I'd better finish packing. I don't have too much stuff, but half of my clothes are outside on the washing line!!!
Next update from Sri Lanka!!!

<< Home