Saturday, April 01, 2006

South Coast Journey

Back in Galle - one of my favourite places on my last trip to Sri Lanka and the starting point of our trip along the south coast. Dhanushka and I are staying at a small guesthouse in the old fort and both yesterday and this evening watched the sunset from the ramparts. Taking an evening stroll seems to be the thing to do here in Sri Lanka - the picture I've included in this post I took earlier in the week at Galle Face Green in Colombo.

This morning Dhanushka and I got up early and took a bus to Unawatuna - a beautiful beach 5 km east of Galle. We could have stayed there as there are plenty of guesthouses, but it seemed a shame not to stay in the fort and anyway we'll be staying at other beaches on our journey along the coast. It was very hot this morning, so it was great to be able to have a swim.

Am not sure when I'll next have internet access, so this may be the last post for some time.