Saturday, May 20, 2006

In the UK

Sitting here at Sophie and Carmine's place in Oxford on a cold May day it's hard to believe that yesterday morning I was in Colombo - it's a very surreal feeling. The journey was fine - just long as I had to catch a bus from Heathrow airport to Oxford and by the time I got to Sophie and Carmine's place it was after 11pm.

I didn't have much time to say goodbye to Dhanushka and his uncle (who came with us to Colombo and wanted to come to the airport as well) as the bus from Colombo to the airport took ages (in typical Sri Lankan style stopping everywhere) and for security reasons only passengers are allowed inside the terminal. It was quite an emotional moment though. Dhanushka sent me an SMS later saying that his uncle was crying on the bus back to Colombo.
I'm actually feeling really tired and need to have a nap. Just wanted to let everyone know that I arrived safely.