Ipsomat
Philip and Denis really know how to show their visitors a good time - Monday evenings at the local laundromat watching clothes tumble around in the dryer!!! Seriously - as I'm heading back to the UK tomorrow I had to do some laundry today and as everything takes ages to dry we decided to speed up the process by taking my clothes to the local laundromat and use a dryer there.Have been out and about a lot over the past three days. Saturday I had a wondeful day in Brugge. I went there 3 years ago with Sophie and Carmine when they came over for a weekend, but wanted to go back and take some photos. It was a little cold, but the sun was shining. Yesterday afternoon I took a train along la Meuse to Namur - the capital of Wallonie. Not as 'beautiful' as Brugge of course, but I had a good afternoon exploring the ancient citadel.
Today after doing a little bit of shopping morning Philip and I drove to la Haute Fagne - the moors on the Belgian/German border. It was very grey and very cold, but we decided to brave the cold and walked for an hour around the moors before driving to Monschau - an extremely cute village just over the border in Germany. Philip made me laugh as when he tried to speak German it sounded like he was speaking Flemish!
Have just finished packing ready for my early morning start tomorrow. Have decided to take an early train to Bruxelles so I have time for a little shopping before catching the Eurostar to London. Have promised a certain someone that I'll bring him some chocolates!

<< Home