Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Working for the British Council

Arrived safely in Sri Lanka yesterday morning and am currently in Colombo. Am heading up to Kandy tomorrow morning, but had to meet some people at the Colombo centre today and fill in various bits of paperwork.

Yesterday I was feeling a bit confused - wondering what the hell I was doing here. Am feeling much better today though and am actually looking forward to the various challenges ahead. Dhanushka is very excited about seeing me tomorrow. Hopefully it won't take us too long to find somewhere to live.

This afternoon after lunch I did a bit of shopping as I needed some new clothes. Sri Lanka is a great place to pick up really cheap clothes. I bought 7 new shirts and 2 pairs of pants for just over $60. Not bad!

Dhanushka laughed when I told him how I was getting Kandy tomorrow. I'm being provided with a car and driver, so will be travelling in style! I have a feeling working for the British Council is going to be pretty good!!!

This morning I went for a bit of a walk after breakfast. The main train line runs right next to the sea and I though the contrast of the crowded peak hour train and the incongruous sign was great!