Thursday, October 04, 2007

Exam Practice Headache

Am busy trying to work how the hell I'm going to answer the questions we've been given as exam practice in this unit of the course I'm doing. I have to upload my answers by Sunday and as Dhanushka and I are planning on going to visit his family for a couple of days tomorrow I want to get this out of the way today.

The course as a whole is starting to drive me insane as it's all I seem to be thinking about. I have to submit a draft of my next assignment by the 14th and pretty much as soon as the new term starts next Friday I have to start thinking about the lesson I'm going to teach, based on my research. On top of all that there's all the day-to-day stuff like shopping and keeping the house clean - aaagh!!!

I had my last class yesterday afternoon - a make-up class because of a mix-up with the dates during the Perahera. I can't say I was particularly inspired yesterday, but somehow the kids seemed to enjoy all the activities I had planned. This break is quite a short one and because I have to work on my next assignment I don't really have much of a break. I'm also examining next Monday and as everyone seems to have gone away it's going to be a busy day as there'll only be 3 examiners including myself.

On Sunday I had my last session with the group of teachers I've been doing workshops for. Although I was quite nervous about working with a group of teachers we had a great time together and I'm actually quite sad that I suggested to Pamela that she take the workshops next term. If I manage to make it though the next 8 months I'm actually considering looking more at teacher training as I find it very satisfying.

As I write this I'm constantly having to look out the window to make sure it hasn't started raining as I'm trying to dry all the clothes and sheets that I washed earlier. Was thinking about going for a swim, but unfortunately I don't think it's really swimming weather - shame.