New Beginnings
When I got home from work yesterday afternoon I discovered that I finally had Internet access. It was actually quite liberating not being able to use the Internet for a week, but I hate writing e-mails at work, so I'm happy to be online again.It was very strange moving out of the old place. The first night here I felt quite unsettled, but I'm feeling much more at home now after a week here. Having a proper garden is fantastic and I love sitting out on the balcony in the evening watching the bats fly overhead. It's been raining all afternoon, but it's still quite warm, so for a couple of hours I sat on the balcony reading and listening to the rain.
Since I moved into this place I've been getting up early every morning and doing some meditation. I've been very lazy about doing any meditation, so decided that moving in here would be a good opportunity to start on a positive note - especially as this place has a very calm atmosphere.
Maggie and I are getting on very well and haven't come to blows as of yet. We've decided though that we don't have the same taste in films, so it's a good thing I can watch films on my laptop! Maggie has gone down to Colombo for the weekend to catch up with friends, so I have the place to myself. I borrowed a few DVDs from the library at work yesterday, so am having a quite evening at home.
It's a little strange having a gardener and a woman who comes to do the cleaning, but as they've been working for the owners of the house for quite some time I felt obliged to keep them on. Sunil - the gardener - is 82, but manages to keep the garden in perfect condition and Danawatti is a wonderful cook. Part of the deal is that Sunil gets lunch on the days he's here, so I asked Danawatti to cook extra so that I have something to eat when I get home. Saves me cooking after a long day at work, which suits me fine.
Today I decided to treat myself to lunch at the Citadel - where I go swimming. I was planning on having a swim as well as it was sunny this morning, but by the time I'd finished eating dark clouds were gathering and I'd stupidly left washing on the line. Tomorrow perhaps.
Time to watch one of the DVDs I borrowed. I wasn't feeling so great yesterday and although I'm feeling much better today, I want to get an early night.

<< Home