An IELTS Weekend
I basically haven't had a weekend for 2 weeks now as both yesterday and last Monday I was examining. Can't really complain about the money, but 23 speaking candidates is tiring and I was exhausted by the time I got home yesterday. I was at work this morning as well marking some written papers, so decided to treat myself to lunch at the hotel where I go swimming. The weather hasn't been so great the past week, so I decided to make the most of the sunnier weather today.Last Tuesday a colleague invited me to have dinner with him and his wife. They've just moved to Kandy and have a house high on one of the hills surrounding Kandy with amazing views. The last time I went to their place it was raining, but this time I was lucky enough to be treated to a spectacular sunset. There's something about the sunsets in Kandy - am not sure why, but the colours are often stunning - salmon pinks and amazingly vivid blues.
Have just received an e-mail letting me know that Suzanne gave birth to a healthy baby boy this morning Sydney time - Schwebel No.2!!! Very exciting news. Suzanne and Tim are actually in the minority as far as my friends go - for some reason most of my friends have had girls!

<< Home