Nilambe
I'm feeling quite calm and collected at the moment as I spend the weekend at Nilambe meditation centre just outside of Kandy. I actually first heard about Nilambe when I was travelling in India and have been meaning to go since I came to Kandy 3 years ago. Funny that it's taken me nearly 12 years to actually get there.I went with Ewen, a friend from work, who's been there many times over the past 12 years or so. We drove up early Monday morning and came back yesterday morning, so basically had 2 full days. I had class at 9 yesterday, so we left the centre at 6.30 after the morning meditation and were back in Kandy by 7.30, which was pretty good going.
On the way back to Kandy I told Ewen that I'm going to try and get up to Nilambe once a month. It's a very special place and although 2 days is not that long, I feel a real sense of peace. I've been very lazy when it comes to meditation, so am going to make a concerted effort to meditate every day from now on.

<< Home