Rain
Have just been standing outside in the rain - the first rain in what seems like ages. When it first started raining I actually thought there was an animal on the roof - it's been that long since I've heard the sound of rain!I'd actually planned to go to Colombo this weekend, but because I ended up having more IELTS candidates yesterday than I'd anticipated, so decided that going to Colombo just wasn't feasible. If it didn't take so long to get there I'd probably have gone, but it's at least 3 hours on the bus. I also wasn't feeling very well yesterday, so am glad I decided to stay in Kandy.
This morning someone I know who manages a boutique hotel just outside of Kandy called me to ask if I knew of anyone who would be able to solve an IT problem for her. I didn't, but offered to drive out there and see if I could solve the problem. I couldn't actually solve the problem as such, but I worked out what it was and in exchange for my help was treated to breakfast and the use of the pool. Not a bad way to spend a morning really.
Having a very lazy evening at home. I should probably do some marking, but can't actually be bothered...

<< Home