Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Enjoying the 'Weekend'

Enjoying my ‘weekend’. Yesterday I spent the whole day at home – decided I didn’t feel like interacting with the outside world. It’s so wonderfully peaceful where I live and although I did a few chores as well, I spent a lot of the time enjoying the view. Dhanushka found some binoculars in the store room the other day, so we’ve both been having fun having a closer look at the neighbourhood.

Today I had some bills to pay, so I went into town with Dhanushka in the morning. Like my Dad Dhanushka takes ages to get ready, so we ended up missing the bus that goes from the junction near our house and instead had to walk down to the main road. It’s actually not much further from the junction to the main road, but because of the traffic on weekdays it’s not a particularly pleasant walk.

Am in the process of getting ADSL set up, but am trying to work out if it would be better to get my router sent over from Australia rather than buying a new one here. I sent off an e-mail to someone in Colombo this morning asking if I could claim the cost of sending it here as part of my baggage allowance – which I didn’t use as I didn’t have that much to send. Hopefully I’ll be skypeable soon!!!

Dhanushka has been doing most of the cooking, so last night I decided it was my turn. It’s actually the first time he’s tasted my food and he was quite impressed. Probably doesn’t think it’s as good as his own cooking, though!!!
Have been playing around with some of the photographs I've taken, so thought I'd include something a little more artistic. I actually took this photo this evening at sunset. The clouds were just amazing!