Thursday, March 08, 2007

Bingo!!!

Can finally surf the net from the comfort of my own home!!! It's taken some time and the whole router debacle did my head in, but I'm happy now.

I was expecting to actually be online yesterday, but when I tried to connect - nothing! When I called up the Sri Lanka Telecom helpline the woman I spoke to told me that the activation would take 14 days instead of the 10 days I was told when I first applied. So, this morning after preparing for my class I decided to go to the Sri Lanka Telecom office, which luckily is very close to where I work. The woman there, who knows me by now, was very helpful and after a few phone calls informed me that my ADSL service had been activated. I wasn't sure whether to believe her or not, but here I am online.

This morning before going into work I went to the Dalada Maligawa to do some meditation. Although I took the photo a few weeks ago the light was just as perfect this morning. Great way to start the day.