Gotu-kola
Another spectacular sunset. I was thinking about going down to the river, but I’m loath to miss the sunset from the house and today’s sunset was definitely worth staying at home for. Sometimes I still can’t quite believe that I managed to end up living in a house with such wonderful views. Many of the other teachers head away for the weekend, but having such amazing views here I don’t see any reason in leaving.Dhanushka is helping out with the flower arrangements at a wedding tonight, so it’s just me and the fish! Beetroot curry was on the menu, but when Dhanushka texted me to let me know he wasn’t coming home today I decided that I’d just go for something simple for dinner this evening so I made our new favourite – gotu-kola mallung – and will have it with the lentils I made at lunch. Gotu-kola, a leafy green, is apparently really good for the health and Dhanushka and I have been having it nearly every day recently. Unlike other mallung, gotu-kola doesn’t need to be cooked, so although the ingredients are the same it’s more like a salad. Yum!!!
As I ended up staying at home all day yesterday, this morning I decided to go into town. I wanted to check my e-mail to see what the latest is on the router (no news) so I thought I’d go in early and do some meditation at the Maligawa and do some shopping at the market as well. There are two small stores at the junction where I get the bus every morning, but I love shopping at the central market. The quality of the produce is fantastic and I love wandering around checking out everything.
Back to work tomorrow. The term is officially half over, so I feel like I can relax a little now. Before I know it it’ll be the end of term. I’m not planning on going anywhere during the break, although I have thought about going to visit Kiya in the Emirates. Depends how much time I have and when the IELTS examiner training ends up being.
Time for dinner.

<< Home