Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Another Weekend at Home

Hard to believe that my ‘weekend’ is over already. I didn’t end up doing very much as I had lots of marking to do and have to finish filling out an application form for training to be an IELTS examiner. I’m quite happy spending the weekend at home reading and taking it easy, though. After 5 days of constant communication I’m more than ready for some down time. Yesterday I ended up cleaning out the kitchen and doing various other things around the house.

Dhanushka is trying to be healthier and has decided to stop eating meat – although he’s still going to eat fish. I think, like most Sri Lankans, he eats too many sweet things, but he’s assured me he’s going to cut back on his sugar intake. He’s downstairs watching his dramas at the moment.

Yesterday morning I got up early and went for a long walk along the river. Early morning and late afternoon are the ideal times for walking here – any other time of day and it’s just too hot. It’s very quiet around where we live – sometimes it’s hard to believe that we’re so close to the centre of Kandy.