Sunday, February 18, 2007

Another Week

Have just finished my last class for the week!Luckily the class I have on Sundays is great and after teaching two young learner classes yesterday it's a real pleasure teaching a group of adults. I actually enjoy the young learner classes, but they require a lot of energy and two classes in a row on Saturdays takes it out of me.

I don't have any firm plans for the weekend as of yet, although I'd like to do some walking - perhaps along the river. After 5 days at work I'm actually more than happy just kicking back at home. Have borrowed a few books from the library here and have a few DVDs that I haven't watched yet, so I'm sure I'll find some way to occupy my time. Dhanushka will has classes Mondays and Tuesdays, so I'll have the house to myself.

The photo is of a beautiful mosque, just down the street from the British Council. Despite the problems in the North and East there's a large degree of religious tolerance - particularly here in Kandy - and I love the way that the places of worship of the various religions co-exist in such close proximity. We can often here the call to prayer from the office.

Have a good 'weekend'!