Misty Morning
Have just woken up to discover that the whole valley is full of mist - probably something to do with the rain yesterday afternoon and evening. The mist is just starting to lift now as the sun has just come up - beautiful!My weekend is half over, which is unfortunate. Yesterday one of my colleagues organised a get together at her place, so I spent the afternoon and evening there eating and chatting. Many of the Sri Lankan staff couldn't make it until the evening as they had to work yesterday, so as well as lunch I also ended up having dinner there as well. Dhanushka had a wedding to help out at last night, so I didn't feel bad about not being at home.
This week is going to be fairly busy as I have to talk to the parents of the younger learners and write up reports. Hard to believe that the term is already nearly over and that I'll have my first holidays soon. I feel like I've been here a lot longer than 2 months.
I watched a wonderful Hindi film on DVD on Sunday evening - Fanaa (which apparently means destroyed in love) starring Kajol and my favourite male actor Aamir Khan. There were a few Bollywood moments, but overall it was a beautiful story and I can't get one of the songs out of my head. I've joined a DVD rental place near where I work, so am hoping to get a few more films out over the coming weeks.
Was going to go to the market this morning, but I've changed my mind and will ask Dhanushka to get some stuff on his way home this afternoon. I feel like staying at home today.

<< Home