Tuesday, July 03, 2007

In Transit

Waiting at Dubai Airport for our flight to Paris. Like most airports there's very little to do apart from shop and eat overpriced food, but at least there's free wi-fi.

It's been a long day already and we still have the 7-hour flight to Paris ahead of us. We ended up getting up at 3 this morning (Sri Lankan time) and as neither of us slept very well, we're both feeling quite tired.

It was a good idea staying in Negombo - I don't want to imagine how I would have felt if we'd driven down from Kandy early this morning. Dhanushka's parents enjoyed their break from the goings on in their village as well. We got to Negombo just after 4 and after a rest went for a walk along the beach to see the sunset. The beach at Negombo is nothing special, but I like the fact that there are lots of locals out and about, rather than just tourists.

I've bought a new camera - couldn't go on a trip like this without having a camera. It's similar to my old one, so I'm familiar with how to use it, which makes life a lot easier. Will make sure I take lots of photos!!!

Dhanushka is getting bored, so I think it's time for a walk. I think he's realised very quickly that flying and waiting around in airports are not much fun!