Mr Sunny
Back in Kandy after a quick visit to the village to see the family. Have just uploaded my answers to the practice exam question - after spending so long thinking about how I was going to answer the 3 tasks that I now have no idea whether what I wrote makes any sense. Will see.We left early Friday morning and despite taking an alternative route still made it to the village in just under 4 hours. The condition of the road from the main Kandy-Dambulla highway to a town called Elahera was terrible, but once we got past Elahera it was a pleasant drive along an irrigation canal to Giritale, not so far from Dhanushka's village. There was very little traffic though, which meant I didn't have to worry about psychotic drivers trying to overtake at every opportunity. We stopped in Elahera for something for breakfast and also went to check out the local temple, which had spectacular views of the surrounding countryside.
It's very hot and dry out in Polonnaruwa - in complete contrast to the lush greenery of Kandy. It's amazing how such a small country can have such climatic differences. Polonnaruwa is only 130km north-west of Kandy, but there's been very little rain there. In fact because of the lack of rain the well at Dhanushka's parent's place is drying up, so we had to go to his Grandparent's place to have a wash.
I took a few books with me, which I attempted to read, but the heat zapped my energy and I found it very hard to focus on what I was reading. Still I did take in some of what I was reading in and am hoping this week to get a draft of my assignment together ready for submission next Sunday!
This morning we left the village just after 5.30 as I wanted to get back to Kandy fairly early to finish working on the practice exam question. A colleague at work is moving to Malaysia and had organised a party at Alison and Martin's place this afternoon, so I also wanted to get any work I had to do out of the way before I went to the party. There were quite a lot of people I didn't know, but it was a good afternoon and there was lots of yummy food. Dhanushka didn't come along, which he is now regretting as there were a number of delicious desserts.
Tomorrow I'm examining, so I need to get some sleep - especially after all the driving I've done. 130km doesn't seem so far, but because of the roads and crazy drivers it's much more tiring driving here than in Europe or Australia. Mr. Sunny is doing very well though - even with a missing parking light!!!

<< Home